Featuring original cover art by Eric Pollard and Chris Benchetler and in-depth stories from the wide world of skiing, Ski Stories 2019 is the first hardcover book from the makers of Downdays Magazine. Tailor-made for the bookshelf, coffee table or bathroom reading stash of the passionate skier, this hardbound collection of finely curated stories and images promises to keep spirits up, even on down days, now and for seasons to come.
The book at a glance:
- 176 pages
- Hardcover with thread-stitching, 28 cm tall x 22.5 cm wide
- Cover printed on high-quality linen paper
- Four different paper types—one for each chapter
- Created with fine screen offset sheet printing
- All papers are PEFC certified
- Into The Deep: A plunge into last winter's record-setting season in the Alps
- Unbeaten Track: Exploring Eastern Europe by train
- What Went Wrong? The pitfalls of avalanche decision-making
- Artist Showcase: Eric Pollard & Chris Benchetler
- The Dao of Dollo: Tracing the path of a modern ski icon
- Girl Talk: Round-table talk with a female freeski squad
- Panopticon: Unique visions from six leading ski photographers
- And much more!